When it comes time to travel, Americans have many options. From traveling with a tour group to booking your own sear on a charter bus, more and more Americans are opting out of flying and driving themselves and allowing someone else to make sure that they arrive safely and on time. Although there are still many people who make the devision to fly on commercial flights, the fact of the matter is that more and more Americans are weary of the complications involved with today’s airports. The decision to travel comfortably on a bus, however, is a decision to get where you want to go with fewer hassles.
There are many organizations that are willing to help people organize the kind of trips that they want to take. From making reservations at a facility for a family reunion to booking reservations for the best area restaurants, a bus travel provider offers their customers as many services as they want.
From Facility Rental to Group Pricing, Travel Companies Can Make Your Plans
In addition to the fact that motor coaches have reclining seats and other conveniences like WiFi on a bus, tour groups also offer the option of helping their clients make sure that all of their plans are taken care. When, for instance, your family reunion is in a location that you might not be familiar with, the travel group can help you make sure that you have all of the details in place. Restaurant reservations, facility rentals, and even tickets are just a few of the details that you can ask someone else to deal with.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the benefits of bus travel and the impact that this industry has on the nation’s economy:
- Motorcoaches account for 751 million passenger trips every year. This number indicates that buses move more people every year than commercial airlines do.
- There are six times as many bus terminals nationwide as there are intercity rail terminals and there are five times as many motor coach terminals as there are airports.
- 50.2% of the passenger trips provided by the motorcoach industry in 2012 were for students and seniors.
- 49.9% of the passenger trips provided by the motorcoach industry in 2012 were for adults and young adults.
- Each full motorcoach has the potential of removing 55 autos from the highway, cutting energy use, reducing congestion, and reducing emissions.
- 33,400 vehicles make up the total total industry fleet that provide charter, tour, sightseeing, airport shuttle, commuter and scheduled services.
Americans have many options when it comes time to travel, but more and more people are making the decision to