Getting to the airport can be challenging when you are just getting yourself there but when you have a larger group to worry about, it can seem like a really daunting challenge. That is where shuttle services companies. Finding the right shuttle services company is easier than you may think. Here are some tips to get the right airport shuttle service:
- Plan ahead. When you want to book an airport shuttle services company, you should make the reservation as early as you can. Spend some time looking at how long it will take to get from your meet up point to the airport. If your group is going to travel during a busy time for traveling, you will need to book your transportation services even earlier and plan to have them pick up your group earlier so that you can make it through security at the airport in time to catch your flight.
- Look online. Sites like Facebook, Yelp and Angie’s List can have great suggestions for airport shuttle services. Many cities and localities have Facebook groups and pages that have been set up to promote local businesses. If you do not see a recommendation for a shuttle services company, you should ask about the ones that you are looking into. Be wary of any comments that are left anonymously. People are much more likely to complain than compliment.
- Talk to a few companies. Try to get estimates from at least three shuttle services companies. Look at the reviews of the companies offering transportation to the airport. Look at their websites and see if they have any testimonials. Review their price and ask how far in advance you need to book the shuttle service and what the cancellation policy is.
- Look at the overall cost. When you have a group, hiring a shuttle services company can be very cost effective rather than having everyone drive to the airport. Hiring another shuttle services company to get your party from the airport to the hotel in your destination city can be helpful as well. It is a lot more cost effective to get everyone where they need to be than taking individual cabs. Most airport shuttle services will charge a flat rate to go to or from an airport.
- Make sure the shuttle service can accommodate all of your luggage. Ask what kind of vehicles the shuttle services will send to pick up your group. You need to make sure there is enough space for everyone’s luggage to fit on the airport shuttle.
- Ask about pets. If anyone in your group is going to be traveling with a pet or a service animal make sure you bring that up with the shuttle services company to make sure you can do that. Not every shuttle services company allows pets in their vehicles. They will have to allow service animals but it is worth letting them know if that is going to be an issue.
- Ask about special needs. If any people in your group have special transportation needs, talk to the shuttle services company about that. If anyone in your group uses a wheelchair, for instance, that may impact the kind of vehicle that is used to get your group to the airport.
- Check with the company the day before your reservation. When your travel date is coming up, it is always a good idea to check on your reservation with the shuttle services company to check on your reservation and the time the driver will show up to get your group. If there are any changes to your flight, you should communicate that with the airport shuttle services company.
Going with an airport shuttle services company to get your group to the airport can save everyone a lot of stress and money. By using an airport shuttle service, everyone can get to the airport in time to get on your flight and no one has to worry about parking. This is a win-win and a safe and cost effective way to begin your trip.